Author Topic: The Official For Sale Thread. coz official.  (Read 47350 times)

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Re: The Official For Sale Thread. coz official.
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2010, 07:53:24 PM »
Nic, with a 21.1 steerer tube, you're much better off just getting a new used fork with a more standard inside diameter. The bike will be using the "normal" 1" headtube so as long as you find another threaded fork that has the right steerer tube length you should be good to go. If you REALLY wanted to "do it right" you could find out if your headset is ISO or JIS and get a fork/headset that would fit appropriately, but the difference IIRC is only 27.0 vs. 26.8 and either really works just fine (I have one of each and have them running opposite for winter).

If someone tells you to ream your headtube out to solve this problem, don't listen.

Also, I fathom you're probably trying to build on a budget and getting a new (used) fork probably is an expense you hadn't anticipated, but realistically you're going to spend more money trying to source fringe parts for a crappy frame. Your best bet is of course to find a more suitable frameset (perhaps easier said than done). Either way, it's worth considering that even if you found parts, they'll most likely be pretty low end.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline chilean_luv

• UND
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2010, 08:38:32 AM »
I've actually found a pretty good seat post on ebay, but it's gonna be a few bucks. For now I guess I'll use the original Sakae stem that came with the bike even though it's a little pitted and still has some green crap on it. Both parts are for the swamp bike that got pulled out of the Coolie. I've finally gotten it back from being sand blasted and clear coated and it looks pretty sweet with all chrome parts. Unfortunately, I threw away the seat tube because the clamp at the top was completely screwed so now I'm left looking for a new one.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2010, 02:31:26 PM »
Oh yeah well you don't want one of those garbage 2-piece posts anyways. I forgot you had it blasted and painted... obv forget getting a new frame. For now at least.

Still though, you can find urself a new fork (chrome even) for pretty cheap, then you could find some sweet quill stem.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2010, 05:46:07 PM »
FREE... If anybody wants a worn out rear studded 700x35 tire let me know. Studs are pretty much shot, but it would be better than riding around with a normal tire (at least the rubber compound is meant for snow and ice).
Just try and step to UND Cycling if you wanna test your luck.

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2010, 06:29:05 PM »
I want it!
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2010, 08:49:29 AM »
http://fargo.craigslist.org/bik/1572782638.html

First up is a Motobecane PhantomCross Uno. The bike has been used for 2 seasons only, and as the name suggests, it is a single speed cross bike. It's got a fairly solid cartridge bearing 32 spoke wheelset that have held up very well through the winter. It's a 60 or 58cm, i'm 6'1" and it fits me very well. The rear wheel is flip flop, and comes with a fixed cog and a freewheel. The bike is steel, and white with red decals I was too lazy to heatgun off. I originally paid $400 and am asking $200 being that when I clean it and tune it up just a bit, it's in new condition again.

Second is a no name aluminum 58cm frame fixie. It's got a flip flop and deep v's. You may have seen the bike around town, I'm the d-bag with a key lime green rear wheel and powder blue front. The bike needs a bearing cone replaced or lightly hammered on the rear wheel (no race damage, just the metal outer cap) so you guessed it, loose ball hubs. I'm throwing in a pair of quick attach fenders specifically for fixies. The bike comes with worn kenda 700 x 25c wheels that roll great, and I have a set of 700 x 23's I'll throw in with it. I'm asking $100 for it, was originally $300 or so. If you want to look like a hipster douche, this bike is so for you.

Third, and by far the saddest. My 98 GT Ricochet mountain bike. It's got a 7speed XT/LX drivetrain with trigger shifters (none of that sram twist crap) avid levers, and a front avid mechanical disc break. I replaced the stock (and horrible) rock shox indy fork with a marzzochi EXR oil fork that makes rocky descents a breeze. The rear is a V brake because the frame lacks a disc mount. I've got a pair of ritchey excaVaders on it currently and Kona Jackshit grips. I also have a specialized phenom 143 saddle on the bike puchased last season that has seen less than 400 miles. I'm ignoring the key feature of this bike though, the GT Ricochet frame. This thing is indestructable, that's the main reason it makes me sad to see it go. I know it's not nearly as light as "modern" frames, but for my size, the weight is not an issue. I am asking $300 for this bike. The saddle alone retails for $90+, so you are getting a deal on a real piece of history here. (I can't remember the frame measurements, but I'm 6'1" and it's comfy for me)
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2010, 01:42:13 PM »
Oh man... that ricochet... fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2010, 03:11:13 PM »
http://fargo.craigslist.org/bik/1601888398.html

Trek 5000 Carbon Road Bike 54cm - $895 (Detroit Lakes)

Offline Tcb03c

• UND
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2010, 12:45:58 PM »
greetings board! I'm looking for a trainer/rollers to borrow or buy. anyone know anything?

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota

Offline Hollywood

• UND
  • Jesus is My Coach
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2010, 09:48:29 PM »
Yooooo....I'm looking to build a cross bike.  Would anyone happen to have a frame (56cm preferably) which would accommodate nubby tires and cantilever brakes?
"You can have all the heart in the world, but it doesn't mean anything if you haven't got the legs"

Offline chilean_luv

• UND
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2010, 12:54:17 PM »
anybody have any cogs 14-18 tooth or so for a rear fixed/freewheel? I also need a lockring

Offline chilean_luv

• UND
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2010, 12:55:20 PM »
Yooooo....I'm looking to build a cross bike.  Would anyone happen to have a frame (56cm preferably) which would accommodate nubby tires and cantilever brakes?
Nashbar has a pretty good frame for 100 if you're willing to spend that much

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2010, 06:18:53 PM »
I have a surly 17t 3/32 track cog that I would be willing to let go for $15. Unfortunately, no extra lock rings.

Offline chilean_luv

• UND
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2010, 02:41:31 PM »
sounds good, I'll pick up a lock ring at ski bike.
What was the site I should look at for stainless steel fenders?

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2010, 08:10:52 AM »
Not sure on other fender sources. I checked Rivendell's site and all they had were SKS fenders.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2010, 12:14:58 PM »
There are lots of places to get fenders. Emmy (I) have some SKS ones and while they're nice... I think they're poorly designed. I also have some planet bike ones which I think are awesome.

I recommend checking out biketiresdirect I think they had the best prices last time around?

Offline chilean_luv

• UND
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2010, 02:59:56 PM »
I'm lookin at some nice stainless steel or aluminum in the 35 mm range. Honjo makes them, but they're spendy and velo-orange also makes them, but they're out for the next couple of months.

Offline Plantains

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2010, 07:19:13 PM »
Yeah, but this is for a 26" wheels, he needs 700.
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything