Author Topic: Sundays Ride  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Sundays Ride
« on: March 15, 2008, 04:21:38 PM »
Mid 30's for sunday. Should be ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS for a nice ride downtown.

I expect to see lots of peoples!

:cheers:
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Toaster

• UND
Re: Sundays Ride
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 06:47:14 PM »
yeah, be there... or else...
Just try and step to UND Cycling if you wanna test your luck.

Offline Meest

• UND
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 08:25:31 AM »
I don't have a road bike, but I might join you one one of my two bikes. How fast you guys normally cruise at? I'm pretty out of it, Looking to lose some weight and get back to my High School self.

I'm riding a Trek 820 right now that I wish I could stiffen up the front suspension as I had the damn shocks (I'm used to a solid fork)

My latest impulse purchase for a bike was from my girlfriends younger brother. I bought his 2002 Haro Dave Mirra Signature bike (Yes a little 20" trick bike) but thats what I spend my middle school/high school years riding until some asshat stole it one day at school.

Hoping to get a little bit of use out of the 20" as I love riding those little one speed guy's. But my 820 is having shifting issues sometimes, the shifter isn't catching just right, So i have to work on that, that and I need to get used to leaning over again, arms aren't in the shape to do that. I also need to find a comfortable seat....

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:37:53 AM »
The sunday morning coffee rides are in our fun ride category.

We'll be waiting for anyone that feels like going slow. We also don't ride our road bikes (most of us) for this ride. We do get sick of our road bikes too. Of the 3 people that are regularly riding we're all riding our fixed gears. 1 gear, no brakes, speeds aren't anything crazy. I wouldn't recommend the BMX, but the 820 should workout. If its having shifting issues ski and bike can prolly make an adjustment. Or post up on here and we can help you make the adjustment viz message board.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic