Author Topic: You CAN opt out of the UND Pride Card  (Read 9090 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
You CAN opt out of the UND Pride Card
« on: April 29, 2008, 01:12:07 PM »
j5mc has figured out how to opt out of the UND Pride Card system.  I think the arguments are fairly straightforward, albeit not referenced very well.

There is also a Facebook group.

What does everyone else think about this thing?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 09:10:43 AM by Sal Atticum »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline red hibiscus

• UND
Re: You CAN opt out of the UND Pride Card
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 03:59:02 PM »
I'm utterly confused as to why they're sending these cards to all students, even those who don't need them. What's the point?

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 06:06:17 PM »
Wow, who came up with that idea?
CampusDakota.com

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • UND
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »
UND is without a doubt the most trigger happy school in this country. They succomb to groupthink more than any other organization I can even think of. One person says hey... this seems like a good idea and BAM. Its enacted. No one ever think of what the ramifications will be or blah blah blah.

And to answer his question. Yes. It ALWAYS takes a lawsuit to get the University to even answer you.

Im on that boat. sigh...
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline netgeer

• UND
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 12:17:41 PM »
gaurdrail what is ur prob with und

Offline BLinus

• UND
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 10:53:09 PM »
The UNDPride card is a total joke. UND tries to market it to students as if we will benefit from it in any way, but in actuality only the University benefits from using the cards. I personally have had a difficult time getting my card. First of all, I had recieved information from the Student Account Services Office stating that if I was going to be at a different address over the summer, all I had to do in order to recieve my card was update my address on Campus Connection OR just have my mail forwarded by the US Post Office. Accordingly, I did both. I had my mail forwarded by the USPS AND changed my address on Campus Connection well before I recieved any notices saying the UNDPride card had been sent to me. In fact, I recieved an email almost two weeks after actually changing my home address on Campus Connection stating that my UNDPRide card had been sent.

However, about a week later I recieved another email stating that my UNDPride card was returned because Higher One had sent it to my old address. In addition, the email said that UNDPride cards cannot be forwarded through the mail for security reasons, which completely contradicts what Student Account Services told me in the email. As a result, I contacted Student Account Services and told them the situation. Student Account Services told me that they could send me a "replacement" card but that it would cost me a $20 "replacement" fee. Obviously, I was pissed at this point since I had relied on the information that Student Account Services had given, and now have to pay a $20 fee for a "replacement" card that I never actually recieved! Doesnt "replacement" imply that I had recieved a card in the first place? Why should I have to pay $20 because UND Student Account Services and Higher One cannot effectively communicate policies to each other, and therefore offer incorrect information to students which ends up costing the student money?

The entire UNDPride card fiasco only negatively effects students. There is not one benefit to students. The only benefit is to UND in that they will save money by not having to send out paper checks, or staff the financial aid distribution lines. UNDPride card sucks!

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 03:03:30 PM »
Wow a replacement fee... that makes no sense.  What did Student Account Services say about your claim?
CampusDakota.com

Offline BLinus

• UND
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 03:44:52 PM »
Student Account Services basically didnt care. They sent me an email stating that the addresses were sent to Higher One BEFORE I had changed my home address on campus connection, which is a bunch of crap. I changed my address at least two to three weeks before I ever got an email saying my UNDPride card had been sent. In any event, it shouldnt have mattered because Student Account Services told me I could also have the USPS forward my mail. Like I said above, I did both. Then I got an email saying that my Pride card was returned because they did not have the correct address AND because UNDPride cards CANNOT be forwarded! This completely contradicts what Student Account Service told me initially.

So, I sent back an email saying that I should not have to pay for a "Replacement" card when I never actually recieved the card in the first place. "Replacement" assumes that you are actually replacing something you once had, which obviously doesnt apply in this situation. In any event, I have never heard back from Student Account Services about this, even though their website says that they will respons to all inquiries within 24 hours. So, I sent a second email and again, no response, ever!

So, I finally got fed up and just called Student Account Services. Basically, they told me the same thing they did in the email they sent me originally. As a result, they are sending me a another "Replacement" card to my summer address, AND charging me $20! I still have not recieved the card, and it will be interesting to see if I actually do!

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 03:50:38 PM »
You should tell them no, you don't want the card, and they'd better not charge you $20 for it! 

Do you think contacting Higher One directly would do anything?  It's really their name that UND is dragging through the mud here, and you would think they might care a little bit.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 03:54:17 PM »
I would also tell them no. If you have to go above whomever you spoke with, keep going higher and higher.  If you get nowhere talk to student government, the newspapers whatever you can do.  Dont give up.

CampusDakota.com

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 03:56:40 PM »
I would also tell them no. If you have to go above whomever you spoke with, keep going higher and higher.  If you get nowhere talk to student government, the newspapers whatever you can do.  Dont give up.

Well, I think BLinus us doing a good thing by posting here as well.  If we get together enough testimonials, we'd have a really good case for the Dakota Student or elsewhere.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 04:02:15 PM »

Well, I think BLinus us doing a good thing by posting here as well.  If we get together enough testimonials, we'd have a really good case for the Dakota Student or elsewhere.

That is true, anyone else have anything to add?
CampusDakota.com

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 12:18:15 PM »
The Official Word(TM) on the UND Pride Card.

How has everyone's luck been?  I haven't received one, but then again I was supposed to graduate this summer.  They aren't going to send me one if I don't have any type of financial aid, right?

http://www.und.edu/dept/studentaccounts/html/pridecard.htm

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 01:21:40 AM »
I just found this on the site that sal posted

25. What if I determine that my UNDPride Card was mailed to a wrong address? Will it be forwarded to my new address if I had submitted a "mail forwarding request" with the Post Office?

No.  UND Pride Cards will not be forwarded to a different address, even if a mail forward instruction was submitted at the post office.  Instead, the cards will be returned to Higher One.  Students should request a replacement card during the period August 20, 2008 through September 20, 2008 to avoid a replacement card fee.  If a replacement card is requested outside these dates, the student will be charged a $20 replacement fee.

so technically, if you wait until august 20th to request your "replacement" card, you shouldn't have to pay the fee.
Just try and step to UND Cycling if you wanna test your luck.

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• UND
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 02:18:39 PM »
BLinus, how is it going?  Did they charge you for it, or did you get out of it?
IT'S A TRAP!!!!1!

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 12:24:05 PM »
Are YOU excited?

Not as excited as this girl.  By the way, do you think she really goes to school here?

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 01:37:28 PM »
I doubt it, probably a standard model... you should call them and ask  ;)
CampusDakota.com

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
Why the heck are they sending me one?

What a waste.

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• UND
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 09:57:39 AM »
Are YOU excited?

Not as excited as this girl.  By the way, do you think she really goes to school here?

Maybe she does?  I hope so.

IT'S A TRAP!!!!1!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything