Author Topic: The Big Event  (Read 2872 times)

Offline The BIG Event

• UND
The Big Event
« on: March 18, 2008, 06:59:29 PM »
Greetings Cyclists,

My name is Marissa Taylor and I'm co-Director of the Big Event this year.  The Big Event is a large, one day community service project where students, faculty and staff from UND go and do random (but helpful) community service projects throughout the greater Grand Forks area.

I just spoke with a teammate of yours who was enthusiastic about volunteering for this year's Big Event, the one struck twice by vehicles while riding, David C something, I think.  He informed me that there was a race that weekend and he wouldn't be able to help but that there might be 'idle' members who would be around and could lend a helping hand.

So I'm calling on you, idle members of the UND Cycling Team.  If you are sick of being idle and wish to participate in goodwill, mood altering community service on April 12th, 2008, I encourage you to sign up in the Student Government office.  Sign up as a team or as an individual. Jobs go from 10-2. 

I hope you will all at least consider helping us say thanks to the greater grand forks community.  You can ride your bike if you want.  ;)

Happy Cycling,
Marissa Taylor

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 08:15:55 PM by Guardrail »

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Re: The Big Event
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 08:18:33 PM »
Marissa, thanks for posting. You spoke with me briefly... I think this is an excellent opportunity for community service for any idle members of the cycling team as well as our faithful club members.

Do you happen to have a link that people would be able to get to?

Thanks,
Now, after reading the article you know why my nickname is guardrail! Haha.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic