Author Topic: Message Board RSS links  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Message Board RSS links
« on: July 28, 2008, 05:31:19 PM »
Message Board RSS links
by mburtonk

You may notice some new icons all over the Board Index on the Campus Dakota message board. These little orange pips are links to the RSS feed for each board--so if there's a particular board you want to keep an eye on, you can just add that link to your RSS Reader and have the newest posts brought right to you!

This previous article explains the idea behind RSS, and this FAQ post explains how to more technically utilize the Campus Dakota message board RSS feed. You may also notice that there is an RSS feed for the main Campus Dakota site (the one you're currently reading), to which you can also subscribe.

If all this sounds too confusing, don't worry--you can use Explorer, Firefox, and even many email programs (such as Apple Mail) to get hooked up almost automatically. You can even use Google Reader to keep all your feeds on the web so you can access them anywhere!

We want to make sure Campus Dakota is easy for everyone to use. Comments and questions are welcome!

Full article . . .
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:53:34 PM by Sal Atticum »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Message Board RSS links
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:22:07 PM »
Very nice addition.  Thanks for the effort.

CampusDakota.com

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Message Board RSS links
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 12:53:49 PM »
This topic is locked.  You can still comment at http://www.campusdakota.com/node/13
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

realistic
anything