Author Topic: Say goodbye to the beauty of North Dakota  (Read 6999 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Say goodbye to the beauty of North Dakota
« on: March 26, 2012, 08:49:36 AM »
I really hate people who do this stuff.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/233059/
TIOGA, N.D. — Along the wide-open expanses and rolling prairie of western North Dakota surrounding the state's booming oil patch, all sorts of bizarre litter can be found clogging the once picturesque roadside: Derelict hardhats, single boots, buckets, pallets, pieces of machinery, shredded semi tires, oily clothing, cigarette butts.

The worst? Plastic jugs of urine pitched out windows as scores of truckers pass through oil country.

Litter has become an escalating problem as the rush to tap vast caches of crude escalates in North Dakota. As the number of trucks coming to the oil mecca increases, so does the trash. Some of the industrial rubbish blows in from unsecured truckloads, but for many, the most frustrating trash is the gallons of discarded urine.

They blame it on the lack of rest stops, but it seems more like people being assholes.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Say goodbye to the beauty of North Dakota
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 07:03:39 PM »
Wow that is terrible. There is absolutely no reason for people to act like that.  I am especially disturbed by the "trucker bombs."  I think they should increase the fine to several thousand dollars... of course as the article mentions it would be hard to catch someone.

The conditions out there are terrible....
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything