Author Topic: SWEEEEEEP! HAAAAAARD!  (Read 1773 times)

Offline curlingDave

• UND
SWEEEEEEP! HAAAAAARD!
« on: October 24, 2009, 09:22:03 AM »
Who:  Grand Forks Curling Club

What:  Open house.  Come try curling free of charge (except for the beer  :cheers:), no strings attached.

When:  Oct 26-29 (Mon.-Thur.)

"But me and ice don't usually get along", says Chester, the reality-check kitten.
       Don't worry.  Everyone says that and it's not true.

"Do I have to wear a kilt or a funny hat or something?"
      No (unless you want to).  Just bring a clean pair of tennis shoes and warm but loose-fitting clothing (jeans don't usually work to well).

"Why should I try curling?"
     1)  It's a sport you can play your whole life even when you're old and gimpy.
     2) You can make friends and drink beer.
     3) It's chock-full of strategy.
     4) It increases your flexibility
     5) The Olympics are coming up.  You can watch curling with your friends and actually know what the hell is going on.
     6)  You have an excuse to wear a kilt if you've always had a deep repressed desire to do so.

"But isn't it just shuffleboard on ice?"
      No.  :wtf:  And if you use that cliche analogy again, Chester, I'm going to microwave you.  :evil6:

"So, what, I just show up....and then what?"
      If you are interested, post up here or send me a PM stating what night would be best.  I will then do my best to make it to the club to    provide an instructional session.

"Where the heck is this place?"
      On 7th Avenue South just east off Washington Street (by where "Leevers" used to be, in between the Grand Forks Park District building and the Fido Purpur hockey arena.

"I'll be there!"
     That's what I thought.
Life is complex.  It has a real part and an imaginary part.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything